We live in world where we can have all the info that we want – sometimes is just a click away, sometimes is just a flight away. Many conferences can be pricey, not to mention the accommodation. Therefore, if we choose wisely, maybe we can stick to some of them.
How do you choose your conferences aboard? What are your objectives? Here are ours.
- Define the goal. Get new customers or meet with like-minded people and industry peers. Besides that, it is a great occasion to present your business and practice your communication skills. Sometimes, a conference help us solve some of our problems, like finding smart solutions or collaborators.
- Research the speakers and the people who are attending. If you have already booked the flight for that conference, we are more than sure that you know who is going to speak there or who is going to attend the event. Now many organizers upload on their websites different lists with people and companies that will be present. It is nice to take your time and find some details about their work or businesses.
- Practice the 1-minute speech. You don’t want to be anonymous, so better rehearsal your 1 minute speech:
- Who you are
- Where you come from and what is the name of the company you represent
- Why is your company different from all other companies from your industry or market
- Why you chose this event
4. A meeting with one man there can dramatically influence your professional career. This is especially important when you are looking for collaborators, jobs ideas. Conferences are another way to get your name and your work out there, if fortunate to be invited as a speaker.
5. And of course, there is another objective: getting out of the office for few days and visit the city.
A conference enhances both your professional and personal development, as well as providing you with tools and skills which you cannot be taught in-house or online. The focused nature of learning at a conference allows you to dig deeper with the understanding of your topic of interest.
Happy booking! 🙂
Managing Partner | Head of Israel Mission
Mob: +40 79 9999299